Suji Kheer or Semolina Pudding is a delicious and one of the popular first food for babies. Good thing is that it is equally enjoyed by toddlers. This one is particularly my favourite too, simply because for us Moms, it’s easy to prepare and it just takes few minutes with few ingredients…and it’s done!This is an apt recipe for introducing Cow’s milk for the first time in Baby’s diet. Instead of serving plain cow milk directly, it is better to introduce it in some preparations. Then slowly, the child’s digestive system adapts to it.
When preparing for children less than one year, avoid adding refined sugar. Instead bring in sweetness in the recipe with dry fruits like dates or dries grapes(kismis). I have been feeding Suji kheer to Vedansh since he was 7 months old. He enjoys it till date! So let’s start with the recipe.
You can also watch the Suji Kheer video from my YouTube channel below the recipe 🙂
SUJI KHEER RECIPE / SEMOLINA PUDDING
- Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
- Suji/Semolina – 2 Tablespoon
- Water – 50 ml (1/5 cup)
- Milk – 100 ml (1/3 cup)
- Dry fruits mix/ Nut butter – 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar (for toddlers above 1 yr) – 1 Tablespoon
- Heat a Kadhai and add Ghee to it.
- Then add Suji / Semolina.
- Cook the Suji in ghee. Keep the flame low while doing so and stir it continuously till it is light golden brown and leaves ghee.
- Now to it add water and cook it till Suji is soft.
- Then add half portion of the milk to it.
- Cook the Suji in milk as well.
- Now add the nut butter or dry fruit and nuts powder to it. Mix it well
- Then add the remaining half portion of milk.
- And if preparing for toddlers, add Sugar and cook it till it dissolves.
- Suji Kheer is ready!!